woensdag 17 september 2014

Urban sketches



For the LEP August swap I received a sketchbook from Meredith from the USA, to fill with some urban sketches and to pass on to Sarah in Hamburg, who will pass it on to Britt, Britt to Caroline (all in Germany) and finally the filled sketchbook will fly back again to Meredith. Great idea!



Thinking of 'urban sketches' I thought I had to sketch houses or any other kind of urbanization. However, I am not really able to draw buildings. Fortunately there are also mailboxes in the cities, and birds.



And no-one has forbidden me to add a tram ticket :-)
So finally (almost four weeks after the deadline, sorry sketchbook pals!) I managed to fill my pages.




By the way, 'Wildlife in the city' you can also find in Erni's blog, his pictured pigeons happen to live in Hamburg. the next stop of this sketchbook.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow, these are wonderful drawings! I guess the final book will be a jewel!
    I'm not in LEP any more. I did not renew my subscription.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you, Eva! I'm curious to know how the rest of the sketchbook will be, but I probably won't see it anymore, as it now goes to three people in Germany and then back to the 1st sender in the USA. Well, it is as it is, that's the Mail(ed) Art life... :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen